I loved using physical post-it notes for my huge physical Kanban whiteboard in the office. You know, in the old days when we used physically go to the office? So, I was very excited to try out their mobile app. It was a joy to use and explore but it lacks key features for me like markdown support (imagine that in a post-it) and the ability to add images and audio attachments. What I really enjoyed were the bright colors which made me feel good while I was testing it. As you'd expect from a big company, they provide a lot of help and tons of export options including the hip cloud tool Miro and PowerPoint for the older generation. Bottom line? Post-it Notes is worth downloading and trying out but I wouldn't use it for any serious note taking.
- Score: 6/10
- Version: 5.1 | Reviewed: Aug. 29, 2021
- Developer: 3M | Location: Saint Paul, MN | email@example.com
- Too many screens to get going
- Couldn't figure out how to export besides image
- Can't add photos or audio
- How to edit is not obvious (hint: use the draw icon)
- Can't style individual words
- Can't double click to edit
- Can't reorder notes in a group
- Awesome colors!
- Numbered lists
- Simple font selection change
- Star a note
- Group notes together
- Different sizes of notes
- Dark mode
- Lots of help content
- So cool to draw and erase!
- Simple pen color selection
- Resizes text automatically as note fills up (sweet!)
- Can use two fingers to Rotate or resize text
- Export to Trello, Miro, and oodles more
- Color selector, I could play with that for hours!
- Can collaborate with others online