Ruff received an award from @GoogleDesign and is worth the $5.64 bone I just threw to @mtrostyle . It's a great little note taking app unlike the hundreds of others out there, so much so that it twisted my mind at first: a one page note taking app?! Subscribe to read the full review, see screenshots and get emails of future app reviews.
- Score: 6 / 10
- Developer: firstname.lastname@example.org of Third Culture Apps
- PlayStore | Web | FAQ
- Location: London, United Kingdom
Ruff is great for capturing quick thoughts or a daily journal. When you launch the app you're immediately taking notes. Done your day? Just stash the note away and start fresh tomorrow.
Why only a 6 out of 10 score? For me, I need to have markdown support (at least on export) and the ability to add images and audio recordings.
When I initially reviewed the app back in Sep and sent the feedback to the Developer, he actually responded with a nice note #kudos!
- When I pasted my template text, it didn't include the "-"
- Earlier version v2021.09.09 had an issue when clicking the ying/yang mode switcher which caused the app to disappear (only happened first time and hasn't happened on the current build)
- Could not bold some words, weird
- I stashed the initial note and now it says nothing is stashed, ugh. hasn't happened since
- Paste would be good to show what's available on the clipboard
- The icon is odd for a checkbox, standards are great so I guess ruff should have one too
- Three dots ("...") means a bullet?
- No export to markdown (.md) file format
- Bent my mind a bit
- Really nice default font Parse Grotesk Mono
- Export to text (.txt) file
- Simple button to quickly toggle font size
- Simple button to quickly toggle weight of entire note
- Formatting: bold, italic, underline, strike-through
- Undo and redo
- Automatically adds '-' on next line when I hit enter, nice!
- Widget that shows preview of note on home screen
- Dark mode (default)
- Three good fonts
- 5 font sizes and 3 weights although bold is odd to me
- Search within note
- Privacy, doesn't store anything about me or my device